Excluded from culture
„Excluded from culture” is a project dedicated to audio description. Audio description is an innovative technique that allows blind and visually impaired people to participate in our common cultural heritage which they were excluded from so far.
The project was co-financed by the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
The partner of the project is Festival Office IMPART 2016.
Within the project „Excluded from culture” (March-November 2012) CKWZ organized:
- 14 integration movies screenings with audio description („Jutro będzie lepiej”, „W ciemności”, „80 milionów”)
- 6 meet-the-author sessions (Dorota Kędzierzawska, Artur Reinhard, Agnieszka Holland)
- 3 workshops of audio description making for movies, theatre spectacles and exhibitions
- 2 all-Polish conferences devoted to the promotion and development of audio description (with guests from Spain, Iceland and Great Britain)
- 2 integration theatre spectacles with audio description
Check out the project’s website here / link do strony wykluczeni.ckwz.art.pl
More about audio description here / link do Audiodeskrypcja - koncept